Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Savings Today

Bought 20 dollars of Oil of Olay items I normally use and am going to send in a 15 dollar rebate coupon I found on dealseekingmom.com.
Tried out the Alice.com home supplies website mentioned on dealseekingmom.com but found Sam's Club was cheaper.
Bought 30 dollars of items at Walgreens using a 1 dollar Revlon coupon from the Sunday ads plus their buy one get one half off special that is almost always running, Walgreen inhouse lotion equivalent to Vaseline Intensive Care is on sale 1 dollar off (making it cheaper than Sam's Club bottom price), bought 2 Old Spice with a 1 dollar off coupon from the Sunday ads, and used a Register Rewards Coupon for 5 dollars. To learn about Register Rewards, go to passionforsavings.com. Essentially if you by certain items advertised in Walgreens' circulars, you get a coupon good for anything at your next visit.
It seems that Vaseline Intensive Care and Old Spice win for least expensive products of their type if you like them. Always wondered why I bought them!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! Here's my savings story:

    Went to Braum's again for milk. I like the one on Walton near 540. In the mornings a helpful lady has been working lately. She offered to give me $1 off packaged salads and clementines b/c they over ordered. She pointed out the meats and other things that were marked down. She mentioned 4 lbs. of potatoes for 88 cents. Very helpful, as I needed a few of these things.

    Another fyi on savings. I know some people buy fresh strawberries and other fresh fruits year-round. I always watch the seasonal prices and substitute other fresh fruits when prices on some go way up.

    ReplyDelete